Skip to main content

Embracing the Power of Pause: Nurturing Creativity in a Busy World

 


As a child, I often rode through rice fields, watching small plants shooting up from still water. I'd marvel at the patience farmers must have for the entire growth process. Looking back now, I realize the universal law of pause is fundamental to life.

In these pauses, we discover the beauty unfolding in every experience. Yet, in today's world, we're constantly seeking distractions. Even for our children, we fill their schedules to keep them occupied, with toys, activities, and screens. This constant stimulation prevents them from learning how to pause and appreciate.

Our brains are shaped by our early environment, but it's equally vital to provide opportunities for them to understand the power of pause. Instead of rushing to entertain your child, take them for a walk to experience the beauty around them. Star or cloud gazing can be another enriching activity. Sitting quietly and listening to a beautiful song together can also foster appreciation.

So, take a pause, take a breath, and let the beauty of life unfold.

Exploring more Manika!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Power of Choice: Shaping Our World in Just Ten Minutes

It was 6:00 a.m., and I woke up to the soft, dusky sky. Bangalore had been soaking in rain for nearly two months straight, and the morning felt like it carried the last remnants of the night. But I woke up feeling refreshed, ready to embrace the day with energy and a light heart. Instinctively, I reached for my phone, which had been charging beside my bed. Though I could plug it in anywhere else, I kept it here, using the excuse that it doubled as my alarm clock. As I unplugged it and walked towards the kitchen, the first thing I did was open BBC News, then CNN, and finally glanced at the news flash on Google. By the time I reached the kitchen, scrolling through headlines, my mood had completely shifted. I had gone from feeling joyful and relaxed to worrying about hurricanes in the US, volcanoes erupting in far-off places, and the looming threat of a global conflict. In just ten minutes, my mind was flooded with anxiety over the state of the world and the uncertain future our children...

New Year's Hope: The Power of Belief and Renewal

First day of a brand new year. Calls, messages, Facebook, newspapers—you name it, and you'll find excitement all around. In case you didn't party the night before, there's got to be something wrong with you. 'How can you not be excited about a new year starting?' Probably this is the only time when humanity comes together and celebrates. No religion, no caste, no communities, no borders—nothing. It's the first stroke of hope and the last of what has gone—a fresh new year. A new year brings with it an ocean of hope—hope of a better everything: myself, my job, the world we live in—everything. But this spark of hope has a very short life, sometimes days, sometimes weeks, and some very firm-willed are able to push it until the end of the month. To dig a little deeper into this, let’s rewind a little and see what changed. From 31st Dec 12:00 am till 1st Jan 12:00 am, nothing changed other than a digit, one created by historians for recording purposes. Then how come ...

Power of Knowledge and Mirror neurons

  The theory of mirror neurons has been circulating for the past few years, providing a lens to understand how a child's neural networks take shape, profoundly influenced by their environment, especially their parents. For those encountering the concept of mirror neurons for the first time, they are brain cells that mimic behaviors and feelings observed in others. Consider actions you unconsciously adopted as you grew older, mirroring your parents—perhaps your walk or the way you hold a spoon. A lingering question arises: if we've mirrored behaviors or habits from our parents, how do we break free from them? Pondering this, considering the theory of mirror neurons, implies a continuous cycle of behaving like our parents, who behaved like their parents, and so on. In this scenario, are we truly living unique lives or merely replaying the same old song? My revelation on this matter occurred a couple of days ago. Since being diagnosed with hypothyroidism, I've explored various...